Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Art Vacation

Well, I finally escaped to Fort Worth and went on an Art Vacation.  Thanks to my awesome cousin, Mindy, who allowed me to crash at her lovely house.  As a side note Mindy is a Scentsy consultant and we discovered my new favorite scent, Luna.   Mindy and I went to Riscky's BBQ, Rosa's Mexican Cafe, Charleston's, and the Movie Tavern.  I also discovered I should be a city-girl.  Man, I'm missing out.  I didn't even KNOW there is a movie theatre in which  you can order dinner while watching the movie.

Now for the creative stuff.  I attended a 3-day workshop on a new addiction called "Zentangles".  I came across them about a year ago, but I must admit, I didn't realize how technical they are...in a good way.    I was off-based in teaching that you draw without thinking.  Zentangles are very detailed and each little pattern has a name.  It is, however, very relaxing.  Check out the official website www.zentangle.com .  Very. Cool.
So, I had the privilege of learning under the famous Suzanne McNeill.  I can't even begin to tell you how many books she has written and published.  Check out her blog at www.sparksstudio.spappages.com
Of course, there's a reason she is so successful.  She has unlimited knowledge, creativity, and kindness.  You don't just find that every day.
As I went in Michael's this week I noticed  a whole section on Zentangles including Suzanne's book.    She is about to publish her 8th book and I have the MOST exciting news to share about that book.  Details and pictures to follow in a couple of weeks.


Meanwhile, I'm excited to return to blogging and plan to share more news soon.   This week has been a reminder of how God has placed very specific people and opportunities in my path the last few months for a very specific reason.  Also, as my doctor said yesterday, we limit God to working things out for our good, but I'm believing for GREAT.   His plans are so much better than mine and it's exciting to allow Him to work. 


Today, you're seeing a photo of my Happy Project.  I love making tissue flowers lately and they look great in a variety of shades.  I'm displaying them in black buckets giving the feel of a flower stand.  This photo was at the Claiborne Jubilee, our local art festival.  More on that later too.  


Look for art all around you this summer.
Suzy

No comments: