Sunday, January 13, 2013

In the studio 1-13-13

Here's my current "Read List".  Notice the book, "Optimism", by Christian Larson.
My 2013 word (mantra) is ...
OPTIMISM.
Last year my mom and sister bought this book for me from Chinaberry's, which is one of our favorite places to shop north of Bossier.  I normally have a clear direction for my word each year, but it took a little longer on this one.  I always seem to have an epiphany and know exactly what my word should be when I come across it.  More throughout the year on optimism.
Some other books are school-related.  I'm learning some good stuff, and love my new job more each day.  Finally, before Christmas, I realized I was having fun LOL.  Another book was written by a favorite artist of mine, Kelly Rae Roberts.  She has words of widsom for starting a creative journey.  Also included is a new book from mom and dad about Clementine Hunter.  Oh how I love it !  
It's been a while since I've posted.  On the home front, I'm purposefully enjoying my time with my boys lately.  2013 will bring big changes in our household, and I'm pretty sure I'll just have to hang on and be optimistic.  J.T. will graduate from NWLTC in May and is looking for a new city/job so he'll be moving.  I'm so proud of him...all A's this semester :)   We pretty much spend our time watching movies and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Kirk did very well, as always this semester and will be a senior in May.  He has a big decision coming up, and I just have to pray God's will for his life, because this mom is a little worried.  I'm claiming Romans 8:28.  The good news is I quickly realized the things I worried about in 2012 were so silly and a waste of time.  Yes, I can confirm, God always works things out for good.  
Christmas was just a great, peaceful time with family.  The boys and I took a road trip that was pretty awesome.   We went to the DFW area.  They enjoyed Bass Pro, Cabela's, rock climbing, and ice skating.  We saw a couple of movies and found a great hotel in Grapevine.  My reason-for-going was to attend a big warehouse sale by SUZANNE MCNEILL,publisher of Zentangle 8.  Suzanne sold her publishing company and is moving from a warehouse to an office space.  Her kind husband was checking air in my tires LOL...yes, that's how I work.  We had just enough room for the 3 of us to ride home LOL.  Let's just say I racked up.  I'll have to post a picture of my bowl hand-painted by Suzanne.  I'm calling it my color wheel bowl, but I would've paid more for that bowl than I ended up paying for a car full.   Ribbon 25 CENTS per SPOOL.  No, not per skimpy roll, per SPOOL.  Good grief.  Suzanne gave me a shout-out on her blog.  Check it out at blog.suzannemcneill.com  .  I met some great people, and I adore being around creativity.  It makes me happy,.
Speaking of which....
I thought I would just brainstorm a list of things that are inspiring me lately.  School consumes so much of my time, I'm not creating much, but to everything there is a season and I want to process all of this.  For now, I keep researching, and receiving direction for my creative journey.  I plan to break each one of these down, and share some information in a series of posts for you to read and see.  
So, here goes....

Romero Britto, Bob Ross and his happy little trees, Suzanne McNeill, Zentangles, The Dot and The Ish by Peter H. Reynolds, Circle Painting, millefiori, Russian nesting dolls, Clementine Hunter, Vera Bradley, Dan Dunn, Cirque du Soleil, George Rodrigue, mandalas, shotgun shacks, alla prima, and a long list of creative friends.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A global optimist ....you are for sure!

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!


Feel free to surf to my web site :: coffee machine