Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In the studio 3-29




I spent alot of time in the studio today, but I just realized I did not paint anything. I'll have to fix that problem tomorrow. I did some more cleaning, but need to spread the love to other parts of the house.

I had fun sharing ideas with a friend tonight around the art table. I've joined a group of ladies right here in Haynesville to create altered art. We have some really talented leaders and I've found someone who loves magazines as much as I do. So, we're swapping magazines back and forth. LOVE it.


The first 2 pictures are notecards I made using the same concept as the painting I posted last night. One list is mine and the other is Kirk's. What will be on your list?

The other picture is a corner of the studio. I have a sewing machine that was passed down to me. There are also 2 pieces I purchased at Thrift Stores (my new favorite hobby). The black piece on top of the sewing table was only $12 but the magazine stand under the table was only $5. Do you know there are TREASURES at Thrift Stores? Plus most are ministries. My recent find was a copy of the Giving Tree book we're using at COLOR SPLASH this summer for 10 cents ! And, the cute wire basket with the fabric...yes, that too.

So, what inspired you today? What color was it?

"Do what you love, and love what you do".

No comments: