Saturday, June 25, 2011

In the studio 6-25









































The month of June has flown by. We returned from a wonderful trip to New Braunfels and spent time with Todd's family. Here's a picture of J.T. jumping into the river. Fun times.

As I mentioned, I love painting on these circles, so I chose them as a canvas for 2 paintings I finished this week for fundraisers. The floral circle went to the Claiborne Charity auction and the Owl one went to an event in West Monroe called Shake 4 Jake. Both excellent groups of people who help others in need.


I continue to find "treasures" just begging to be re-purposed. I've added some photos of recent trips. Let's just say I never take over $20 in a store with me....and I always leave with change ! The Rebel Man I found for less than $1, gave it a fresh new look, and left it on my cousin's doorstep yesterday. They are West Monroe Rebels. I have come across 2 of those ceiling medallions lately. Love them. I need to find a place for them in my house. See the 3 glass/wooden canisters? I just painted those black. I have a hard time deciding on what I want to keep for myself and what I want to sell. If you see something you like, let me know. I'll show the canisters soon.

I'm starting orders for the gallery next week, so I plan to be busy in the studio and crank out some paintings including a couple of Write-Ups and some windows.

I've also had the pleasure of meeting a precious little girl who will be starting private art lessons with me next week. I'm looking forward to it and am reminded that is my calling. If anyone reading is interested, I plan to start private lessons now that the boys have both graduated. I can start anytime this summer or after school. Please contact me at toddsuzy@bellsouth.net or give me a call. I will be teaching on Monday and Tuesday afternoons.

Search for inspiration this week.

Suzy

No comments: