Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In The Studio 10-24-12

My sweet friend, Kelley, went home to be with the Lord yesterday after a 3 year battle with stinkin' cancer  And, right in the middle of a broken heart, I get the most exciting news today.  God's good like that.  I can finally share the news:
My art has been PUBLISHED in a book, Zentangle 8.
 Can you hear me screaming?  Woohoo. Check out the author's website at blog.suzannemcneill.com.   She is an awesome teacher, and I sure feel privileged to learn from the best.  I illustrated the "T" and the "Z".  (Not the Z at the top) . I didn't know my designs would be on the cover too, so I was super excited today when I received the email. 

I think this may be just what I need to get out of this creative slump.  The last few months I have worked harder professionally than I have in the sum of the last 11 years.  I forgot how exciting it is to learn new stuff and I feel like I'm finally moving from exhaustion to excitement, or somewhere in between.  Stay tuned for more Zentangle news and photos of new projects we're doing in El Dorado.
Suzy
 

No comments: