Monday, June 11, 2012

In the studio 6-11-12

Here's a look at my ZIA finished and framed.  It was a fun and relaxing piece to create.  No pressure.  That is when I get lost in my work :)








I still have some wooden circles calling my name.  I vision them all painted with a Vera Bradley type floral.  I discovered an artist by the name of William Morris the other day.  He lived in the late 1800's and yet his work includes the most beautiful floral designs I have seen.  I think he was the first to print repeated designs on fabric. 

I spent much of the day working on this week's Happy Project.   It's the big secret I'm waiting to share, so I will quit mentioning it until pictures can be included. 

Looking forward to painting with some friends at Painting With A Twist Thursday night.  It's an open invitation.  I think I need to train myself to paint like that more often.  I rarely, if ever, do a painting without drawing the design out first.  I like the idea of completing one in 2 or 3 hours.  I think the larger brushes make me paint faster, more freely and loose. 

Suzy

No comments: