Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In the studio 4-12

"GREEN JEANS" is the title of a new exhibit my students are working on. The picture shown here (sideways) is a pair I painted as an example. I'm working on my photo editing skills but until then I figure a sideways picture is better than no picture at all. Maybe. All of the green talk gave me the idea to use that as a theme for a new word painting. Thanks again to my friend for coming up with a name for this. It helps to have a Creative Writing Teacher nearby. Today was her birthday and she managed to give me a gift of inspiration today. I owe her big time. Thanks for sharing 3 life-changing books also. After going back and forth, I've decided to call these "Write-Ups". I finished this Go Green Write-Up today so this will hopefully be heading to the gallery in Magnolia soon. I managed to complete some paperwork today and still remain inspired. I had a student work in the studio with me today after school. She is so creative and is working on a special piece to send to the Governor's Mansion. Then, I headed to the library in Homer with Linda, Maxie, and Martha. Dr. Weber from La.Tech was giving a presentation/review on Folk Art. There was even a show-and-tell where I shared a few of my students' paintings and stories along with some other folk art pieces I have. It turned out to be a very interesting and fun night. Speaking of Going Green and using our resources....USE our local libraries friends. I'm sure you are like me and forget to go there very often but you'll be amazed at what you find. Do what you love and love what you do. Suzy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where is the studio? Love the library idea. Miss u.

Cynthia said...

I like the jeans

melanie, aka Mo said...

Well, now you may or may not have seen on FB, that I am a sewer! Ha!! So, now I have to make these too! Mo