Friday, April 8, 2011

In the studio 4-8


Didn't get to spend much time in the studio today, but a very productive day creatively speaking. First, I had to be in Shreveport by 8am. Yikes. Funny how I can make it all the way to Shreve City by 8, but struggle to be at school by 7:30. I attended a training today to become an assessor for Talented Art. Pretty cool and it gave me a new perspective on some things.

Since I was alone afterwards, I went to Hobby Lobby. For two hours. I didn't want to hurt Michael's feelings so I went there too :) I found the cutest iron-on. It is an owl w/ a "go green" message. Did you know Michael's t-shirts are 5 for $10.00 ? And, they're good shirts. Any color. Any size.

Made it home about 6:00.

That left just enough time to read a new magazine and add some new ribbon to the rest of my bookmarks.

On a random note...beware. The snakes are out. I ran over FOUR snakes on my way to mom and dad's today. That is more than I usually run over all summer. Gives me the creeps.

Later peeps...

Suzy

1 comment:

melanie, aka Mo said...

HOw did I not know you had a blog?! OK. Well, I am now fan #1!

So, I am bookmarking you and so glad you are now posting pictures. (I went waaaaay back!) I wish you lived here! I need your inspiration. Actually, I just need some TIME!

Hey, before school is out, is there a way you could get your kiddos to do a small (fit in a 3x3" box) as door prizes at Shake 4 Jake. We sell the boxes for $10 each. (Bookmarks?!) or anything else you think would be a good "prize"!

And if you or some of your talented ones want to do a larger piece of art for us to auction in the silent auction, please rock on! You really must come to the event this year. It is super fun!

K. I'll be checking in.
Mo